I love miso soup. So when I found a miso soup broth at Whole Foods I was super excited. I used it to make a non-traditional miso soup with lots of flavor! This recipe is vegan and can be gluten free with the right miso broth.
1/2 an onion (chopped)
1 tomato (diced)
3 leaves of kale (ripped into large chunks without stems)
tofu (cubed) *
a dash of Liquid aminos
1/2 box Miso soup broth
1 bunch of bean thread noodles
*not pictured above
1. In a medium size pot, over medium heat saute the onions in oil until soft.
2. Add the tomatoes and stir occasionally until tomatoes start to fall apart.
3. Add the tofu and kale. Let the kale become bright green.
4. Add a dash of liquid aminos (about three good squirts) and you can add agave or maple syrup for a little sweetness.
5. Cover the veggies with broth (I used half a box of broth and some water, the flavor was still strong).
6. Bring the liquid to a boil.
7. Turn off the heat. Place the bean thread noodle bunch in the soup and push it under the liquid. Cover the pot and let sit about 5 to 10 minutes.