These are a few items from the kitchen that you will find in my bathroom. Included are some of my favorite recipes.
The association between yoga and hippies is not an accident. As yoga starts to seep off your mat into your life you start to look for ways to do the least harm to the environment. There are many practical, natural products that can be used for skin and hair care. Here are just a few.
1. Coconut oil. I use this for everything from skin to hair. I rub it on my face, drop it in the bathtub and use it as a deep conditioner*.
2. Sea Salt. I use sea salt as a hair product. I make a great beachy hair spray for pennies to the dollar of those found in stores.**
3. Baking Soda makes a great face scrub or on the fly toothpaste. Mix it with a little water and scrub away.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). ACV is my new hair conditioner. I wash my hair with an all natural bar soap from Jonathan’s Organics. Every other time I wash I rinse with ACV. I fill a small bottle halfway with the ACV and mix with warm water and pour. Make sure to rinse out thoroughly as the smell can linger.
*Coconut Hair Mask:
– Soften the Coconut oil by rubbing it between your palms. (If it is really tough to get out of the jar run it under hot water)
-Saturate the hair with coconut oil (About 2 Tbsp)
-Wrap the head in plastic wrap or a shower cap.
-Leave for an hour or so.
– To rinse out: shampoo and condition as usual (you might need a few shampoos) OR pour Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) over the hair to take off oil.
**Beachy Hair Spray:
– tsp of sea salt
– ¼ tsp of coconut oil
– warm water
-small spray bottle
Mix all ingredients into the spray bottle. Shake until salt is dissolved and the oil is dispersed. (You may need to run the bottle under warm water to melt the oil each time you use it.)