My new favorite summer recipe.
white wine vinegar
ketchup (I love Heinz Balsamic or fancy organic spicy ketchup)
large Ziploc bag
1) Cut the ends off the eggplant and discard. Slice the eggplant into 1/2 in. rounds. Try to keep them somewhat even.
2) Put the rounds into the plastic bag.
3) Add enough oil, vinegar and ketchup to coat the eggplant. Using a garlic press add the garlic clove. Add pepper to taste.
4) Let the eggplant sit in the marinade 15 minutes or longer.
5) Grill the eggplant until soft. I use a George Forman grill. It takes about 10 minutes.
I love to serve these with a Dr. Preager’s Veggie Burger on top, no bun. It would be a great substitute for a hamburger. I also love this same recipe for large portabello mushrooms.